Add to Technorati Favorites My Zimbio

1+1 equals who the hell knows... if Mars is calculating

Yesterday the kids and Steve made me a spectacular breakfast burrito for Mother's Day. My absolute fav for a Sunday breakfast. Then after a lot of whispering in the other room as I read my book, I was whisked off to a hike in the woods and a cozy family picnic. After which I was asked how I'd like to spend the rest of 'My" day.

Not liking to have things hanging over my head I said that I'd like to paint the shutters we had taken down last weekend. Let me be clear. I don't have some love of painting nor do I dream constantly about the lone pursuit of home repair. We just needed to get it done and yesterday was a nice day to paint. So Steve and I started to clean and paint the 20 shutters.

Two and a half hours later we had only 6 remaining. Steve volunteered to take Molly to soccer practice and here is where things went off track. I thought he meant "drop her off" because really what else could he have meant?

We were in the middle of a project together and the 1 1/2 hour practice was 8 minutes away. Plus we were having a really nice time painting the shutters together. Lots of laughs and spilled paint as we whittled away this dreadful task as a team listening to classic rock.

Oh how I was wrong! I assume this must be one of those Mars vs. Venus things because he took Molly to practice (in the car we had been listening to the radio out of I must note) and stayed. To watch it!

According to the defendant it never entered his mind to come back and help finish. He said, and I quote, "We were almost done. Weren't we?" Call me crazy but isn't 6 out of 20 like one third.

Here's an elementary school math word problem for you:

It takes Moira and Steve 2 1/2 hours to wash 20 shutters and paint 14 of them as a team. The washing takes a total of 45 minutes. Six shutters remain to be painted when Steve leaves. Are Moira and Steve "almost done"?

Answer: Hell NO!

Mars has obviously slipped through the No Child Left Behind Law.
Happy Mothers Day Venus you married him!

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP