Add to Technorati Favorites My Zimbio

Sweet Dreams!

When my kids were little they'd play so hard they'd just drop. More times than I can count they'd lay their head down on the playroom rug amidst the blocks and trucks and Barbie dolls and just drift off to sleep.

Is it silly to miss that? Because I do.

I miss seeing my little emerging person fight off the inevitable pull of sleep. Watching the rubbing of eyelids and big yawns mingle in with the defiant "no nap!" calls. Even on the days I couldn't "mom-up" enough to pull them from their play, nature would always win. Heads would drop, eyes would close and sweet dreams would come.

Innocence is defined in a sleeping child's face.

My babies are older now - 9 and 6 3/4 (his count not mine). Naps are rare. Maybe after a sleepover when I pick up a werewolf instead of my child and only a rest can transform her back again.

Last night though I had a brief glimmer of the past as my son played before bed. From the first floor we heard action figure banging and car crashes slow then cease all together. We came upstairs to find this ...



All at once he is my little baby again. Sweet dreams!

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP