Add to Technorati Favorites My Zimbio

Who Am I? Whose Asking?

This "who-am-I" answer is a little hard to pin down. I, as most women my age (10 days shy of forty), carry an assortment of labels.


  • woman
  • mom
  • wife and lover (placed on same line here due to both being to my husband but other women may use two lines for these titles)
  • daughter - sister - cousin - granddaughter - aunt - neice
  • friend
  • employee - co-worker
  • neighbor
  • sometimes runner
  • avid reader
  • amateur chef (OK mostly a microwave and crock pot guru who throws parties a few times a year just to cook a real meal)

I worked in corporate lending for 13+ years, owned a children's education business for three years and am currently a part time bookkeeper for a small company working with the most interesting women I have been blessed to know in a long time. Am I an ex-career woman, a former business owner or just a bookkeeper? Who knows?

Spending time with my two awesome children is my definition of joy on most days; on others I wish they'd just go away and leave me alone. "Mom, mom, mom, mom, mom........." Ugh!!! I love my husband passionately and laugh with him like no one else on earth; but there are days when I don't really like him and he me, I'm sure. Am I a wife and mother? Of course.

But I am also passionate about learning new things -anything. Question. Question. Question. I love it. When asked what would you do if you had all the money you ever needed I always say go back to school indefinitely. Am I a closet scholar?

If asked I say I am Catholic but I don't attend church regularly. My kids go to CCD and I believe in a higher power but I don't believe in everything the Church believes, does or says. Am I Catholic? Probably not. Am I religious? I would say yes.

I love to make people laugh and can get quite silly at times. Sad movies or even commercials can make me cry. Then again, really happy stories can also make me cry. I get fighting mad at injustice. I usually route for the underdog. I am told I trust too easily and am not the best judge of character. Apparently I don't see the "users" of the world. I choose to believe there is more good in people than bad. I don't take criticism very well but am trying to work on that. I stress the "trying" part. If given the choice between a really beautiful piece of expensive jewelry or an amazing trip with friends, I'd take the trip every time.

So there you have it. Who am I? I am me and my name is Moira. Glad to meet you.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP