Add to Technorati Favorites My Zimbio

Something New Learned

You should learn something new every day then I guess you can go back to bed.

I never know when or where I'll be exposed to some new kernel of information that rounds out my perspective on this vast universe of ours. Keeping an open mind, I can learn something new from anyone at anytime. My most recent acquisition in the Something New Learned category came when Steve and I were out on a romantic dinner date this past weekend for Valentines Day. The subject of this "something new" should give you a glimpse into the type of sweet nothings my lover boy is man enough to whisper in a crowded restaurant. Here goes (ladies pay particular attention):

The Drop Kick is still a legal play in the NFL rulebook. The what? (Picture as I say this my head shaking with palms upward and eyebrows knit tightly together in an obvious display of my shocked incomprehension.) A drop kick is when someone drops the football then kicks it as it hits or just after it hits the ground. On January 1, 2006, Doug Flutie, playing for the New England Patriots, was the only player to successfully score using a drop kick since 1941. WOW... I guess.

Not only was this non sequitur a bizarre addition to our Valentine's date conversation but I was inexplicably intrigued and Steve spent several enthusiastic minutes making sure all of my questions were answered. I know ladies you're jealous. Who wouldn't be? Talking little known football rules at a romantic dinner; could it get any better? Sorry, but this sweet talker is all mine.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP